1. Purpose of the job
He/she will oversee the Product Engineering team responsible for Collibra’s Products, and will represent the Belgium Office.
He/She will serve as as the most senior leader and engineering figure head for one of the most important offices of Collibra, unite the teams, develop fantastic engineering culture, rigor and rhythm.
The Senior Director Engineering’s main purpose is to create and lead a best-in-class team that is capable, driven and motivated to deliver on a state-of-the-art PaaS product of Collibra.
2. Task and responsibilities
- Bring engineering expertise and leadership on senior level within the Product Portfolio and in Belgium office, take strategic decisions and translate the company and product priorities into an operational engineering roadmap for the further development of Collibra’s State-of-the-art PaaS solution. Establish, execute, and achieve the company's short and long term technical vision (partnering with the VP Engineering).
- You will be responsible for the technical analysis, design, evolution, delivery, stability, performance and scalability of the product portfolios.
- Actively recruit (including partnership programs with e.g. universities), hire, and retain best-in-class engineering team members. The team will grow from 40 to 60 engineers this year.
- Coach and provide guidance to senior engineering leaders (1 Director and 3 Managers – the amount of direct reports will probably double over time) on management and technical tracks, creating more efficient development and deployment processes and reducing technical debt. Act as a “can do” and hands-on leader that stimulates out-of-the box thinking. Challenge and support your teams in choices, delivery and process.
- Relate to and globally partner closely with Product, Design, QA, Operations, and Engineering teams to continuously deliver well-crafted, working software that creates real business value. Mainly work and build bridges with teams in the US and Poland. Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations to ensure high quality, scalability, maintainability, and resiliency. Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Bring skills and methodology, developing and/or optimizing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards. Define and shape engineering best practices and appropriate metrics to assess the performance of the team. Ensure that the team is in alignment with business needs via OKRs, roadmaps, and continuous feedback.
- Analyse, optimize and/or re organize team structure, tooling, processes and resources to ensure full and efficient delivery.
- Follow-up the commitments of engineering teams and adjust / redirect where necessary. You will ensure adherence to SOPs and software development best practices are followed. You will execute on aggressive product delivery timelines across multiple cross-functional domains.
- Keep an eye on technological evolutions and pro-actively identify and assess ways to incorporate them into technical operations, to facilitate and achieve Collibra’s vision.
3. Expectations first 12 months
- Within your first month, you will get familiar with the organization. You will meet with the architectural team, the product management teams, and the engineers in order to begin establishing a relationship.
- Within your third month, you will be managing delivery of the Product portfolio from the Engineering perspective and will be also hiring new team members to ensure acceleration of delivery of our Product.
- Within your sixth month, you will be making changes (as needed) to the engineering process of the team(s) reporting to you to ensure they adhere Operations and Excellence Standards and providing recommendations for future hiring needs.
- Within a year, you will likely be building out the management team as the number of teams developing new features and products will grow.
People work at Collibra because they’re connected toward the mission and opportunity ahead and want to be a part of building a complex product serving a new need and new category as a whole. The people are humble, collaborative, friendly, and human, and this extends all the way to our executive team.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Collibra is building a product that has never been built before and is leading the market as the category creator.
- Collibra is Belgium’s first unicorn and is scaling rapidly. It will be a massive company for someone to attach their career to, particularly in the local market. Collibra’s total addressable market is north of $100B – this is a massive enterprise software opportunity.
- Great people, experienced leadership team, experienced investors, on the path to IPO for career changing money. Plus great people along the way, and an opportunity to lead the region nearest towards our hearts.
- You will be the Senior Most leader for Collibra’s HQ. Belgium will always be a presence that Collibra wants to continue to scale and invest in, due to the roots of the business. As the site grows, university realtionships, local branding, etc., this person has the opportunity to be the head of it all.
- An interesting and complete salary package, including extralegal advantages, company car, bonus and pre-IPO equity position.