As an IT Business Relationship Manager, you’ll need a deep understanding of the IT department, and you’ll need the skills to effectively communicate with multiple business units and to understand their technological needs.
In cooperation with the colleagues of IT and the related business owners at Oleon, you will discuss how to translate the business strategy into achievable projects, programs and roadmaps. You will also suggest improvement trajectories. You will regularly review, in consultation with your business peers and the overall Project Portfolio manager; the project portfolio composition and priorities within the allocated domains.
- For each business unit, you develop technology strategies that align within the overall business strategy.
- You perform the framing of new IT projects (discovery phase).
- You establish the medium and long term (1-3 years) business application roadmaps on the basis of the major business projects to come.
- You ensure the business units understand the technology solution, overall solution delivery, and compliance to governance processes, architecture standards, etc.
- You prepare cost-benefit analyses for projects and assist business stakeholders in prioritising projects. You work with stakeholders and project teams to prioritise requirements. You’ll also assist your business stakeholders in the DEFINE phase (see image).
- You’re responsible for coordinating major investment files (INVESCOM).
Next to assisting your business peer in formulating qualified project requests, you will manage a project charter signed off by both Business and IT (scope and governance in particular).
You stay abreast of new technologies and their ability to provide a competitive edge to assigned systems. Communicate to internal clients (business system owners) relevant IT innovations.
In addition, the IT Business Relationship Manager:
- Is the driving force behind major IS developments within the framework of the strategy determined by the IT Department;
- Promotes and directs its activities towards the rationalisation of solutions;
- Is responsible for the proper planning of his/her activity.
IT Director Algemeen, IT Director Infrastructure, IT Director Applications, PMO Manager / Director, Program Manager, IT Manager