1. Purpose of the position
The Business Applications Manager owns the CRM strategy/roadmap and must deliver IT solutions to support the business strategy. The position provides ownership and partnering with the business in the Sales/Service & Marketing domains. Playing a leading role in the further simplification, integration and automation of end-to-end business processes and dataflows. Being in the lead of the CRM carve-out of Miraclon (currently Miraclon is still using the Kodak systems set-up). Providing CRM solutions, with the objective to increase internal efficiencies and drive business growth.
The Business Applications Manager reports directly to the Chief Information Officer ( CIO ). As mentioned supra, Miraclon has a very flat and accessible organization and direct communication. Hence, the Business Applications Manager has direct access to all necessary stakeholders and works closely together with the Commercial Services Director.
3. Tasks and responsibilities
You establish and validate the short and the long term Miraclon CRM/Salesforce vision, the strategy and the roadmap. You bring IT expertise and leadership and you take strategic decisions on CRM (mainly Salesforce) choices, in combination with the optimization of the operational delivery organization (external implementation partner) and its project management.
Define where and how Salesforce can enable and support business objectives.
Translate Miraclon’s Sales & Marketing objectives and priorities into application needs and an aligned CRM strategy.
Develop an CRM roadmap and coherent project portfolio.
Define areas where global standards will be enforced versus local preferences prevail.
Identify, evaluate and recommend choices towards insourcing/outsourcing certain responsibilities/tasks
Define appropriate metrics to assess the performance and contribution of Salesforce at Miraclon.
· You relate to and partner with Sales & Marketing business owners to set direction & priorities and you position CRM as a business partner (strategically & day to day support). You support Sales & Marketing to drive operational efficiencies across the entire organization. You’re in the lead of building a very important CRM team. There’s a great blue ocean to start really great projects all over the place!
· You recruit and manage a best – in – class CRM team of knowledgeable specialists, challenging and coaching them by using the credibility of your expertise and experience. Creating an agile and virtual work environment. You challenge and support your teams in choices, delivery and process. You act as a “can do” and hands-on leader (i.e accessible and no ivory tower mentality) that stimulates out-of-the box thinking and a business/ user centric acting team culture. One that drives his team to think and act on business benefits rather than keeping CRM/Salesforce running. Creativity and innovation are values and a key qualities of Miraclon’s culture. The Business Application Manager Sales & Marketing is expected to stimulate it!
Define an optimal team structure balancing central and de-central activities & authority.
Design roles and responsibilities to ensure full and efficient delivery of CRM/Salesforce functions globally.
Review needs and recommend choices for internal or external staffing.
Define, optimize and manage the CRM budget together with the CIO.
· The role is not just to keep the lights on and deliver based on requests coming from the business but to pro-actively identify and assess ways in which Salesforce can actively facilitate and help Miraclon’s business to grow. You will therefore build a strong understanding of Miraclon’s and the broader manufacturing sector trends, to best align CRM/Salesforce functions with the business needs.
· You have final responsibility for the strong operational CRM team in the field of:
Managing CRM/Salesforce throughout the full lifecycle, from the gathering of business requirements to managing the delivery of new functionalities to the business, through to retirement;
Build, lead and develop a small best-in-class team of CRM/Salesforce specialists; that provide guidance and support;
Selection and management of external (implementation) partners;
4. Reason for the job opening
Carve-out Miraclon / Kodak. New IT organization. The Salesforce platform was carved out from Kodak, but needs to be redesigned to support Miraclon’s processes and future growth objectives New role !
5. Expectations first 12 months
3 months: assessment of the current situation and recommendation for the future
6 months: CRM project kicked off
12 months: first CRM project phase delivered
Miraclon is looking for an engaged and inspiring person with a passion for leveraging CRM/Salesforce and rallying people around a pragmatic CRM agenda. Good interpersonal and team-leadership skills as well as a getting-things-done attitude are essential.
- At least 10 years of experience in leading and managing Business Applications teams
- Thorough knowledge of CRM/Salesforce is mandatory.
- Experience in an international context, with a previous and successful experience as CRM/Salesforce Lead. Preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to bring business vision together with operational IT team leadership.
- P/E and carve-out experience, whilst advantageous, is not essential.
- Experience of global system enterprise-wide CRM application delivery.
- Experience inCRM vendor selection/management in complex environments with multiple internal / external stakeholders.
- Experience with project/program management.
- Ability to share vision and build enthusiasm around the direction and impact of CRM/Salesforcr
- Ability to set specific objectives and coach team-members towards results.
- Guide team-members in their professional growth and contribution to the company.
Technical skills (act as technology sounding board)
Extensive experience with andin-depth understanding of the Salesforce platform (Sales & Service Cloud) and wider ecosystem, including CPQ and Pardot.
Knowledge ofintegration technologies (e.g API’s ) and platforms
Experience withBI & reporting tools is a plus