1. Purpose of the position
The CIO has an enormous impact in the strategic business – to – IT – translation, the set-up of a great IT team and the operational IT roll-out of its activities for Miraclon’s global business. He/she must bring IT leadership and vision into Miraclon. The CIO is responsible for building and leading the IT organization to an efficient and mature level. He/she will be based in Brussels and will be expected to travel internationally to meet with regional teams and key partners.
2. Tasks and responsibilities
You establish and validate the short and the long term IT vision, the strategy, the plan and the architecture for the organizational transformation of Miraclon.
You bring IT expertise and leadership on C-level and you take strategic decisions on IT vision/choices, in combination with the optimization of the operational IT delivery organization and its project management skills and methodology.
- Define where and how IT can enable and support business objectives.
- Translate Miraclon’s corporate objectives and priorities into IT needs and an aligned IT strategy.
- Develop an IT roadmap (IT systems and services evolution planning) and coherent project portfolio.
- Define technology areas where global standards will be enforced versus local preferences prevail.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend choices towards insourcing/outsourcing/hosting solutions.
- Define appropriate metrics to assess the performance and contribution of IT at Miraclon.
You relate to and partner with business owners to set direction & priorities and you position IT as a business partner rather than cost-center (strategically & day to day support). You support all functional departments: Supply Chain, Finance, HR, etc. to drive operational efficiencies across the entire organization. You’re in the lead of building a very important IT & Digital team. There’s a great blue ocean to start really great projects all over the place!
You recruit and manage a best – in – class IT & Digital team of +/- 20 very knowledgeable engineers, challenging and coaching them by using the credibility of your expertise and experience. Creating an agile and virtual work environment. You challenge and support your teams in choices, delivery and process. You define a departmental culture impacting the broader group culture. You act as a “can do” and hands-on leader (i.e accessible and no ivory tower mentality) that stimulates out-of-the box thinking and a business/ user centric acting team culture. One that drives his team to think and act on business benefits rather than keeping IT running. Creativity and innovation are values and a key qualities of Miraclon’s culture. The CIO is expected to stimulate it!
- Define an optimal IT organization structure balancing central and de-central activities & authority.
- Design roles and responsibilities to ensure full and efficient delivery of IT functions globally.
- Review needs and recommend choices for internal or external staffing.
- Managing the HQ IT team directly and acting as Manager for local IT staff.
- Evaluate, select and implement (in a pragmatic way) appropriate frameworks, methodologies, processes and standards to govern all IT related activities and systems (e.g. PMI/Prince2, Agile, etc.).
- Define, optimize and manage the IT costs & budget (infrastructure, licenses & services, headcount, etc.) as well as potential cross-charging of IT related expenses within Miraclon.
The role is not just to keep the lights on and deliver based on requests coming from the business but to pro-actively identify and assessways in which technology can actively facilitate and help Miraclon’s business to grow. You will therefore build a strong understanding of Miraclon’s and the broader manufacturing sector trends, to best align IT functions with the business needs.
You have final responsibility for the strong operational IT organization in the field of:
- IT Infrastructure
- Application landscape (own the ERP implementation), development & implementation of core transactional software tools
- Reporting & Business Intelligence tools (databases, upload tools, data management, BI/reporting)
- Content management & sharing
- Monitor availability, security and compliance
- First- & second-line support (IT service desk)
You manage the IT budget (+/- € 6mio OPEX and CAPEX ) and you have the mandate and hiring/firing accountability in order to optimize your team (within budget framework that has been decided together with the CFO).
3. Expectations first 12 months
- Full assessment of the technological landscape, the team and the IT-priorities moving forward.
- Set-up design, strategy, roadmap, team and priorities for moving forward with the new organization.
- Stable first ERP go live
- Efficient and effective reporting & business intelligence