The Corporate IT Director has an enormous impact on the digitization of the organization and must bring IT leadership and vision into Ardena. The Corporate IT Director is responsible for building and optimizing the IT organization and to lead it to a more efficient and mature level that will be able to cope with the business needs of the enormous growth of Ardena.
The Corporate IT Director reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
1. Tasks and responsibilities
• You establish and validate the short and the long term IT vision, the strategy, the plan and the architecture. You bring IT expertise and leadership on C-level and you take strategic decisions on IT vision/choices, in combination with the optimization of the operational IT delivery organization and its project management skills and methodology.
o Define where and how IT can enable and support business objectives.
o Translate Ardena’s corporate objectives and priorities into IT needs and an aligned IT strategy.
o Develop an IT roadmap (IT systems and services evolution planning) and coherent project portfolio.
o Define technology areas where global standards will be enforced versus local preferences prevail.
o Identify, evaluate and recommend choices towards insourcing/outsourcing/hosting solutions.
o Define appropriate metrics to assess the performance and contribution of IT at Ardena.
• You relate to and partner with business owners /business unit directors to set direction & priorities. You position IT as a business partner rather than cost-center (strategically & day to day support). You’re in the lead of a very important team to support the growth of Ardena. There’s a great blue ocean to start really great reference projects all over the place!
• You will continue to build, manage and optimize the (multi-site) IT team, its structure and processes. Challenging and coaching the team by using the credibility of your expertise and experience. You challenge and support your teams in choices, delivery and process. You act as a “can do” leader that that stimulates out-of-the box and a user centric acting team culture. One that drives his team to think and act on user-benefits rather than keeping IT running.
o Define an optimal IT organization structure balancing central and de-central activities & authority.
o Design roles and responsibilities to ensure full and efficient delivery of IT functions globally.
o Review needs and recommend choices for internal or external staffing.
o Managing the IT team in a global / international context.
o Evaluate, select and implement (in a pragmatic way) appropriate frameworks, methodologies, processes and standards to govern all IT related activities and systems (e.g. PMI/Prince2, Agile, etc.).
o Define, optimize and manage the IT costs & budget (infrastructure, licenses & services, headcount, etc.).
• The role is not just to keep the lights on and deliver based on requests coming from the business but to pro-actively identify and assess ways in which technology can actively facilitate and help Ardena’s business growth.
2. Challenges for the near future:
o Cloud implementation
o ERP implementation
o LIMS implementation
o Harmonization of processes (M&A, security)
o Eliminate reprocessing between countries/units.
o Further develop analytics and BI-reporting throughout organization for fact-based decision taking.
• You have final responsibility for the strong operational IT organization in the field of :
o IT Infrastructure
o IT Applications/ERP/LIMS
o Application development & implementation (transactional software tools)
o Reporting & Business Intelligence tools (databases, upload tools, data management, BI/reporting)
o Content management & sharing
o Monitor availability, security and compliance
o Regulatory compliance
o First- & second-line support (IT service desk)
• You manage the IT budget and you have the mandate and hiring/firing accountability in order to optimize your team (within budget framework that has been decided together with the CEO/CFO/Head of People).
3. Expectations first 3-6-12 months
• 3 months: Full assessment of the technological landscape, the team and the IT-priorities moving forward. Be familiar with the IT challenges of all sites.
• 3/6 months: Approach/design for moving forward with a strong IT organization.
• 6/12 months: Growth agenda, deliverables/timelines and roadmap should be established. Having a strong IT organization in place. Be in control of the main IT Projects (ERP, HRIS, LIMS,…).
Ardena is looking for an engaged and inspiring person with a passion for leveraging new technologies and rallying people around a pragmatic digital transformation agenda. Good interpersonal and team-leadership skills as well as a getting-things-done attitude are essential.
Leadership and management competencies (act as inspiring team coach)
o At least 10 years of experience in leading and managing IT departments covering multiple domains. Preferably in an international context, in companies with multiple entities and with a previous and successful experience as IT Director. Knowledge of Pharma GMP regulation is a plus.
o Proven ability to bring technology and business vision together with operational leadership.
o Experience with project/program management, vendor management and delivery management in complex environments with multiple internal / external stakeholders.
o Ability to share vision and build enthusiasm around the direction and impact of IT.
o Ability to set specific objectives and coach team-members towards results.
o Guide team-members in their professional growth and contribution to the company.
Business skills & competencies (act as true business partner)
o Good understanding of Ardena’s business (strategies & operating model).
o Contemporary knowledge of different guidelines and laws is mandatory.
o Solid understanding of Ardena operational processes & procedures.
o Good insight in how IT can support/improve the activities, insights and decision taking.
o Understanding of investment analysis and calculating value (return) of initiatives.
o Able to assess impact of projects and changes on Ardena people and environment.
o Ability to set priorities
o A people manager and inspirer with a lot of business acumen. Well organized, entrepreneurial visionary with a ‘can do mentality. Direct, constructive and solution driven communication style.
Technical skills (act as technology sounding board)
o Knowledge of IT oriented frameworks, methodologies and management tools.
o Good understanding of new and existing technologies (O365, IaaS/PaaS/SaaS, BI, …).