Under the 1912 Straits Settlements Port Ordinance, the Singapore Harbour Board was formed on 1 July 1913. On 1 April 1964, the Port of Singapore Authority came into being under the 1963 Port of Singapore Authority Ordinance to replace the Singapore Harbour Board and several organisations that have been operating in the port.
Following a restructuring exercise in December 2003, PSA International Pte Ltd became the holding company for the PSA Group of companies with PSA Singapore as one of its flagship terminals. PSA participates in port projects across Asia, Europe and the Americas with flagship operations in PSA Singapore and PSA Antwerp.
PSA Antwerp was established in 2002 through the merger of two established port companies, Hessenatie and Noord Natie. Immediately after the merger the new company was taken over by PSA International, one of the world’s leading port operators specialising in container handling. PSA Antwerp is the flagship of PSA (Port of Singapore Authority) International.
PSA Antwerp is the PSA Group’s main branch outside its home port of Singapore. From Antwerp, the group coordinates the activities in Belgium (Antwerp, Zeebrugge), Europe (Italy, Portugal and Turkey) and Latin America (Argentina, Panama and Colombia). As the port operator of choice in numerous international ports PSA handles some 185,000 containers per day; in 2016 this amounted to a total of 67.63 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units), half of which was handled by the Singapore terminal. PSA Antwerp processed some 10 million TEUs.
PSA operates 3 container terminals in Antwerp (PSA DGD/MPET at the Deurganck dock, North SeaTerminal and Europa Terminal). Over 80% of all containers that arrive in Antwerp pass through one of these terminals. In addition PSA Antwerp also handles steel break bulk cargo through the company PSA Breakbulk.
Recent years have seen continuous investments in the growth and renovation of these facilities. The prime exponent of this policy was the spectacular move of the MPET terminal from the Right to the Left Bank. This involved the transfer of all maritime activities from the Delwaide dock to the new Deurganck dock. The relocation and renovation operation took an investment of some €500 million. With 41 cranes, 10 berths for the world’s largest sea-going vessels and a capacity of 9 million TEUs the port of Antwerp now boasts Europe’s largest terminal. In addition, the North Sea and Europa terminals also underwent extensive expansion and upgrade works so that they too can now effortlessly handle large sea-going vessels.
Today PSA Antwerp employs some 3,000 specialised staff, enabling the company to remain operational 24/7. PSA also has far-reaching collaboration agreements with a number of partners, who use the PSA ‘CY Shuttle’ network to ensure rail and barge connections with approximately 20 destinations in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany and Poland. Thus PSA Antwerp can offer integrated cargo handling solutions.
The ambition of PSA Antwerp is to consolidate its growth, both in terms of handled volume and the importance of the organisation within the PSA Group. In addition, PSA Antwerp also aims to remain a technological pioneer within its area of activity.
The Data Model Developer has a crucial role in enabling the business to derive value from our regional cloud based platform for data and information management by designing and maintaining the Unified Data Model and realizing the business logic which turns collected data into business information offered to key user with friendly information tools.
More specific, he/she:
- Is responsible for managing the Unified Data Model;
- Develops Olap/Tabular cubes containing a variety of (enriched) data as ingredient and reflecting business logic and KPI’s;
- Warrants the consistent growth of the data model;
- Foresees all relevant technical documentation related to the databases, ETL processes, stored procedures, etc. and ensures that they can be created in an automated manner;
- Implements the security governance in the data assets;
- Aligns with the other technical team members and in particular the data engineer to configure performance and backups of the vault.
Typical accountabilities include:
- Data infrastructure: Logical/physical data modelling, database design/optimization/administration, data integration/migration, master data/meta data management;
- Data understanding: Data quality analysis and testing, data mapping from business requirements collection and exploration of data;
- Data preparation: ETL activities, data cleaning, fusion, augmentation, feature engineering;
- Deployment: Data warehouse architecture, DevOps, API/interface development;
- Visualization: Graphical design and presentation skills, dashboards or storyboard development, BI Reporting;
- Data Platform: Familiar with the Azure services and understand the concept of a data platform which connects different sources, collects & unifies data and produces Enterprise certified assets such as business tabular cubes.
As Data Model Developer you report directly to the Regional Head Data Management (Francis De Ruytter) and to the Program Manager. You mainly work from the office located in the Port of Antwerp, Noordzee Terminal.
- A Master degree or equivalent through experience;
- At least 5 years of experience in MS SQL Server, SSIS/SSAS, MS Data Tools, Stored Procedures, Microsoft Azure Services, PowerBI;
- Excellent knowledge of database technology and tools;
- Very experienced in handling MS databases on premise and in the cloud;
- Knowledge of Data Vault is an asset;
- Microsoft certification is an asset;
- Preferably knowledge in a specific functional domain such as finance or sales.
Soft skills / Competencies:
- You communicate efficiently in English and Dutch (both orally & in writing and during presentations);
- Working in a team is second nature to you;
- In a budget- and schedule-driven environment, you are able to tackle problems in a creative and analytical way;
- You work in a structured manner and can continue to function efficiently and effectively under pressure;
- You are problem solving and you have sharp analytical skills;
- You feel at your best in a fast-paced environment, where change constantly occurs.
- You become part of an international and innovative environment;
- You work in a tangible sector with great social relevance;
- A leadership role with impact and visibility, both within the local organisation and on an international level;
- Opportunity to play a pioneering role in a technically innovative environment;
- An attractive salary package with fringe benefits.
For this position, Amon is exclusive recruitment partner of PSA. For more information, please contact Len Cornelis (firstname.lastname@example.org - 09/296.16.18).
Copyright @ Amon, 2019