As ICT Workplace Architect at Digitaal Vlaanderen, you help create the vision and development of the modern digital workplace for the Flemish government. You lay the architectural foundations on which to build and ensure that these are in line with the various guidelines and principles (e.g. security).
In addition, you support the product managers in developing new services and adjusting existing services that are offered by Digitaal Vlaanderen from a central supply to the various Flemish entities.
The typical tasks include
- Designing and outlining the architecture for the digital workplace of the Flemish government, starting from the needs of the customers;
- Documenting the workplace architecture;
- Elaborating and launching projects to implement the elaborated architecture;
- Supervising the ICT service provider on a proper implementation of the agreed solutions;
- Participating in the development of a governance structure;
- Advising and answering technology questions from customers in consultation with the product managers;
Technical project management:
- Taking responsibility for all architectural/technical aspects; Development of the architecture requirements for a solution.
- Working out the architectural requirements for a new service or component
- Issuing orders, validating offers and technical solutions.
- Supporting/following up the realisation of projects, e.g. reviewing deliverables.
- Validation upon delivery of projects.
Communication and consultation:
- Communicate and consult with all stakeholders with the aim of creating support and facilitating and catalysing the adoption of the architectural framework;
- Advising and answering technical questions from management, external partners, …
- Contributing to the development of knowledge management;
- Representing the organisation at forums;…
For this role, we are looking for an experienced architect with extensive expertise within the workplace environment. Ideally, you will have gained this expertise in large, more complex environments. You have in-depth knowledge and demonstrable experience with:
– cloud technologies;
– the complete Microsoft environment based on Microsoft 365;
– Implementing security measures for a Microsoft cloud environment;
– Setting up and using Azure infrastructure;
– knowledge of Microsoft Teams with telephony solution and call centres (a.o. Anywhere365);
– Setting up AD and Azure AD structures;
– Knowledge of GDPR and can apply this to the digital workplace;
– You take positions and oversee the consequences. You can weigh your advice objectively against the general interest;
– You are a team player and focused on cooperation and creating a support base;
– You are open-minded and can think out-of-the-box;
– You optimise the service to stakeholders within agreed frameworks. You critically examine where services can be improved, formulate concrete proposals and take actions to this end;
Native or bilingual proficiency in Dutch is required.
- The Flemish Government is very strongly committed to digitisation. With the new programme "ICT Contracts 2022", this new role comes at an ideal time in the organisation.
- You will design the architecture of the services and associated systems and processes at a higher level, and this within one of the largest multi-supplier outsourcing contracts in the Benelux.
- From this role, you are also strongly involved in the transition programme within all entities of the Flemish Government. You closely follow new trends and evolutions and have close contacts with the external ICT service provider.
- You work in a team of experts where a good team atmosphere is part of the work culture.
- This role has great visibility, both internally and externally.
- Flexible working hours, working from home and numerous benefits with a complete and competitive salary package (including mobility budget/company car, bonus, insurances,…) that are typical for working for Vlaanderen Connect. You contribute to a powerful and digital government for citizens and entrepreneurs. You can also grow and develop yourself through the wide range of responsibilities.
Application Technical Analyst, Service Delivery Manager Algemeen, Service Delivery Manager Infrastructure, Service Delivery Manager Applications, Project Manager, Program Manager, Infrastructure Architect, Enterprise Architect, Application Architect, Integration Architect, Product Development Manager, Product Owner, Solution Architect, IT Strategie, Collaboration software, Office365