Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the VP Engineering will oversee the entire engineering organization for the Teamleader product. You’ll lead engineering for their customer facing SaaS application – an extensive SaaS solution for small business across Europe – a suite or public and private API’s, the mobile application, a devops team, quality assurance and much more.
Partner with the CPO to establish, execute, and achieve the company's technical vision:
- Establish, execute, and achieve the company's short- and long-term technical vision (partnering with the CPO). Bring engineering expertise and leadership on senior level, take strategic decisions and translate the company and product priorities into an operational engineering roadmap for the further development of Teamleaders State-of-the-art SaaS solution.
- Analyse, optimize and/or reorganize team structure, processes and resources to ensure full and efficient delivery. Actively recruit, hire, and retain best-in-class engineering team members. Challenge and support your teams in choices, delivery and process. Coach and provide guidance to senior engineering leaders on management and technical tracks. Act as a “can do” and hands-on leader (i.e. accessible and no ivory tower mentality) that stimulates out-of-the box thinking.
- Bring skills and methodology, developing and/or optimizing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards. Define and shape engineering best practices and define appropriate metrics to assess the performance of the team. Ensure that the team is in alignment with business needs via OKRs, roadmaps, and constant feedback.
- Relate to and partner closely with Product to continuously deliver well-crafted, working software that creates real business value. Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations to ensure high quality, scalability, maintainability, and resiliency. Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Keep an eye on technological evolutions and pro-actively identify and assess ways to incorporate them into technical operations, to facilitate and achieve Teamleaders vision.
- You've managed technical teams at scale including Engineering, QA, and DevOps;
- You have deep experience with modern technologies, architectures, and agile development (e.g. AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, React, PHP, MySQL, RabbitMQ);
- You have experience thriving within fast growing organization;
- Experience with off-shoring and near-shoring is a plus;
- You are a proven leader who can build and manage a strong team and set vision with technical expertise to back it up;
- Proven ability and success creating a collaborative culture of innovation and technical excellence;
- You've managed groups of 50+ across multiple countries.
- You thrive in entrepreneurial environments;
- Highly effective at creating collaborative relationships across an entire organization;
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments;
- Results oriented, tenacious, but with the ability to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches;
- Values integrity, humility, creativity, confidence, open-mindedness, reliability.
Working at Teamleader is no walk in the park, but that makes it all the more thrilling. They get things done. They handle complex challenges and work hard on meaningful projects. A little less conversation, a little more action, that kind of attitude.
Here’s what you can expect:
- A fast-spaced scale up that serves the daily needs of thousands of small businesses across Europe. You'll be able to have a massive impact throughout the entire organization immediately by driving and implementing meaningful change.
- Supportive & approachable Executives
- Transparency about results & strategy
- Recognition & reward for hard work
- A team of young & seasoned professionals, continuous growth, learning and an open feedback culture
- Room for own initiative & ideas
- Team spirit & commitment
- Numerous benefits (yearly training budget, in-house chefs, etc.)
Interested? Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner of Teamleader in this search. Please send your resume and cover letter to Julie Van Damme (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only job applications with a resume and cover letter will be taken in consideration.
IT Director Applications, Program Manager, Product Development Manager, CRM