Purpose of the Job
As a System Engineer you handle 2nd and 3rd line support, implement the latest technologies, work on proactive solutions and manage high-performance IT systems for various processes that support the parking business.
The goal is to use your ideas and up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT platforms/technologies to be an important link in the continuous improvement of Indigo Park's services and professionalism. A great deal of importance will be attached to the unification of the network across the car parks.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a System Engineer you are jointly responsible for:
- the complete IT infrastructure
- 2nd and 3rd line support
- a number of ad hoc projects: proposals for optimizing the internal operation and performance
Together with the team you are responsible for the management and optimization of the server environment (Microsoft, Citrix, VMware), the linked e-mail systems, user admin policies, LAN/WAN management, VPN solutions, security and telephony (VOIP). Your main focus will be on network related tasks.
You are also responsible for analysis, design, implementation, documentation for new installations, upgrades and migrations. For more complex 3rd line support you can rely on several external partners.
Indigo Park has several offices in Belgium and you will possibly also regularly travel from the headquarters in Sint-Denijs-Westrem to the different locations.
Objectives in the first 12 months
During the first weeks you get the chance to get to know the organization and the way of working. After an initial induction period, we expect you to be able to take on the role of System Engineer fully and deliver ongoing projects smoothly. Some concrete projects:
- Uniformization of the infrastructure landscape so that further acquisitions can also proceed efficiently.
- Documenting processes so that more and more can be done remotely/centrally and growth can be facilitated.
- Setting up a central monitoring system.
- Further support shops (e.g. where you can buy season tickets, pick up resident cards, …
You report to the IT Director who is very involved and accessible. The main stakeholders are colleagues from the Projects services (new car parks or renovations), Operations (once a car park has been delivered) and the shops. In addition, you are in close contact with the Service Managers and the District Managers.
Reason for the vacancy
Indigo Park is growing and investing in talent. In order to optimize services it was decided to recruit an additional System Engineer. In time the IT Team will expand further by reducing consultancy and internalizing talent. As a result, growth in this role is guaranteed.
For the DevOps Data Center Engineer, we are looking for someone with the following background:
Experience and background
We will be looking for a motivated candidate who is ready for a challenge with new technologies in a dynamic team. Ideally, the System Engineer has
- A Bachelor's degree in ICT or equivalent experience.
- at least 3-5 years of experience in Windows Server, Active directory, Microsoft 365, Networking (SD-WAN), Firewalls (Barracuda), Backup systems (Veeam), Virtualization (Vmware), Powershell, Cisco/Alcatel Switch etc.
- Additional experience with Microsoft products: Azure, Sharepoint, Teams, Onedrive, Intune, etc.
- Communicative – Dutch is a requirement and French a plus
- Eager to learn – follow technical developments closely
- Analytical – motivated to solve increasingly complex assignments
Good communication skills in Dutch are a requirement for a good execution of the job. French is a plus since our employees work in the whole of Belgium.