In the coming years, Ardo wants to focus strongly on further standardisation and automation to create a central IT infrastructure with group services. The ambition is to divide the IT Infrastructure & Services Team into various competence centres that will consist of System Engineers, Level 2 Service Engineers and external consultants:
– Networking, firewalls, security
– Compute: servers, data centre, backup, Azure
– Office 365, Sharepoint, Teams
– Inpoint: PCs, software, packaging
As a Systems Engineer you oversee Ardo's entire IT infrastructure. You install, configure and test operating systems, application software and system management tools. Together with the IT team (6 colleagues) you ensure the highest possible availability of systems and infrastructure. You evaluate the existing systems and give technical direction to the IT service staff.
The System Engineer can specialise in various competence centres. The focus of the System Engineers will be on run, build, project work and architecture.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You are responsible for the management and optimisation of the server environment (Microsoft servers, VMWare, AD, SCCM, Azure). Knowledge of all things network-related is an asset;
- Your focus will mainly be on working on a project basis. You are responsible for analysis, design, implementation, documentation, for new installations, upgrades, and migrations. There are various projects on the IT roadmap to further realise the new infrastructure environment;
- You take a leading role in the concretisation and translation of the vision on infrastructure together with the Infrastructure Manager into operational functioning; a lot of autonomy. not only executive but also strategic. where they should be within 5 years. more high level view.
- You work out business cases, including budget exercises;
- You make technological choices, take decisions in consultation and work out these infrastructure projects from A to Z. You call on external parties when necessary;
- Besides project-based work, you are also responsible to a lesser extent for second and third-line support tasks;
- You also participate in standby duty, together with your team members.
System Administration, System Engineer, Microsoft, Cloud, Azure, Office365, Sharepoint