The team in Zedelgem, based at the head office, with 60% of Dataplan's turnover and a solid customer and project portfolio, is still the cradle of the growing company. In addition to the 1st and 2nd line support team, it also houses a large part of the Sytem Engineers, who help to ensure that Dataplan as a full service IT service provider is growing into a leading position for small and medium-sized enterprises in East and West Flanders. The project and managed services team in Zedelgem consists of 7 System Engineers, who are managed by a Team Lead. It is for this group of experienced System Engineers that Dataplan is looking for a Senior System Engineer to further raise the technical level of the team. The team also works together with the teams in Sint-Niklaas and Serbia.
45% of Dataplan's projects are non-premise. A-brands such as Vmware, Citrix, Microsoft, Fujitsu, DELL and Veeam are used. On another 45% of the projects the private cloud solution 'MyDatacloud' of Dataplan is implemented ( based on the same technologies ). More and more public cloud projects are also being sold with Mircosoft Azure (10%).
The most commonly implemented products are DELL and Fujitsu servers, storage and clients. Use is made of Veeam Backup and replication, Microsoft RDS, Citrix Remote Working solutions, Office 365 applications, security and deployment tools. As mentioned above, Mircosoft Azure is also being used more and more.
The larger customers run unprem / co-location (the data centre) using the products and services mentioned above. This involves various host servers and (hyper-converged) storage, VLANs and clusters. Hybrid cloud solutions use Veeam Cloud Connect for Backup or Replication, O365 solutions, etc.
The IT infrastructure projects are of different sizes and different geographical teams can work together on projects. One team may be setting up data centre replications, while another may be rolling out the first phase of managed services or migrating customers to a cloud environment ( Microsoft 365 ) with serverless computing.
The word "Senior" is deliberately chosen in the job title of System Engineer. This is not so much due to age, but rather to the in-depth knowledge and experience that the new colleague has already built up during his career in the field of IT infrastructure. And this especially in small and medium-sized environments. Both in the field of design/architecture and the roll-out of projects or the management of complex IT environments. Also taking into account the technologies and evolutions described above. You report directly to the Teamlead IT Infrastructure Services.
You are responsible for the design, implementation and migration of the server infrastructure at customers:
- You write technical documentation to support the design of the solution.
- You ensure optimal integration of this IT infrastructure in the Dataplan remote access solution.
- You take on the role of consultant during IT infrastructure projects.
- You are responsible for good and clear communication with the customer and all internal stakeholders (such as the team leader and the project manager).
- You always act proactively and think along with the customer.
- You are well aware of the commitments of both Dataplan and the customer. You do not wait for things to go wrong and always intervene proactively, where necessary, to bring the project to a successful conclusion.
- You deliver your IT infrastructure projects within the set expectations and timeline and transfer these to other teams (support, monitoring, back office, …) with an eye for detail and in an adequate manner.
- You provide the necessary manuals for the operational management and disaster recovery of your customers' IT infrastructure.
- You ensure a good follow-up of the monitoring of the IT infrastructure.
- You are responsible for the capacity management of the IT infrastructure.
- You provide 3rd line support (advanced troubleshooting) with regard to the infrastructure products you manage.
You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in ICT ( or equivalent through experience).
You can look back on at least 5 years of professional experience in IT infrastructure and project teams. Both in preparing and executing complex ICT projects, preferably in consultancy. You have a broad all-round knowledge of IT infrastructure. With additional experience in IT Infrastructure architecture. Knowledge of networking and windows server infrastructure (RDS, activey directory, Microsoft 365) are important. Mainly in the segment of small and medium-sized companies.
You have an "out-of-the-box" and "can do" mentality. You are decisive and can tackle projects from A to Z. You are a team player, learn quickly and have a proactive attitude. You have good communication skills, can convince and have good analytical skills. You are autonomous, show perseverance and can cope well with deadlines. You are enthusiastic about the latest ICT technologies. You stay abreast of trends and innovation in the market.
Technical knowledge :
- Good knowledge of RDS Products (RDS Gateway, RDS session hosts, License server).
- Good knowledge of the Windows Server Operating system
- Good knowledge of Hypervisors: Vmware
- Citrix is a nice to have (XenApp, XenDesktop, NetScaler Access Gateway, Storefront, License servers, PVS, MCS).
- VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Sonicwall, Fortigate)
- WAN technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
- Networking (routing, vlan, …)
- Firewall and security (IPS, DPS, DPI-SSL, cloud sandboxing)
- Automation is a nice to have
- Knowledge of Powershell scripting is a nice to have
- Azure ecosystem (Microsoft 365, azure ad premium, …) is a plus.
- As a Senior System Engineer you have a good knowledge of Dutch and English.