ICT plays a very important role in the further development of the Agency's services. The various applications and tools are built by a dedicated team of Product Owners (6), Business Analysts (8) and Developers (20).
The processes are highly digitised and supported by a wide range of IT solutions. These include the database for higher education and adult education, a portal environment for study grants, candidate platforms, etc. A broad set of technologies is used (Java, Angular, SalesForce CRM, etc.).
This role as Architect is overarching, runs through the different applications and platforms and will give guidance to the different development teams from an architectural point of view.
The core task is to guard the basic architecture, principles and synergy across the products (JAVA as basis):
– Monitoring the application landscape of AHOVOKS – ALM – uniformity and modernisation of existing applications: modularisation, deployment of APIs and reuse, further elaboration and monitoring of the modernisation roadmap (with special attention to information security and safety).
– Integration with other products a.o. Salesforce (no prior knowledge required).
– Optimisation of the processes for software development and maintenance – steering DEVOPS operation and cloud engineer.
Architectural advice in specific projects whereby you translate needs into technical solutions:
– Challenging the external partners in the area of architecture.
– Interacting, advising and aligning the various technical leads of the development teams.
As a technical architect, you show leadership and stimulate the teams. But you are also sufficiently open to the more business-oriented requirements and needs. Above all, you are a team player and a good communicator. You spontaneously take on responsibility and proactively provide input not only to shape but also to improve the application portfolio. You actively follow technological evolutions and pick up what is useful for AHOVOKS. You have the necessary time management and project leadership skills: delivering on time, roadmap (scope) and budget control.
You have at least 5 years of experience in architecture and implementation within ICT with a solid knowledge of:
– Web and application development with knowledge of the tooling within our application landscape: JAVA, APIs, Containers & Microservices, database management, postgresQL and oracle, middleware, networking, Salesforce, IAM and ALM.
– Information security and safety – realising security by design within ahovoks – recognising and solving possible security problems – logging, monitoring and other security controls.
– Setting up DevOps pipelines.
As an Architect, you will be recruited as an employee for an open-ended contract through Vlaanderen connect. This entity is responsible for the recruitment of strategic ICT functions and makes them available to its member government organisations, such as in this case: AHOVOKS.
In this way, you enjoy the benefits of working for the Flemish Government, but you can also count on benefits in line with the market that are usual for such a position. In addition, you can grow and develop yourself through the enormous potential of challenging positions via Vlaanderen connect with the Flemish Government and local administrations.
In addition to a gross salary and a variable salary in line with the market, you can also count on a mobility budget with which employees can fill in their own mobility needs as they wish (lease car, train pass, lease bicycle, etc.) and a personal training budget for each employee. Furthermore, there is an extensive package of extra-legal benefits: net remuneration, meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance (with the possibility to connect family members), group insurance, the necessary IT tools (laptop and smartphone) and the possibility of childcare during all school holidays at an advantageous rate.
Vlaanderen Connect also pays a lot of attention to a healthy balance between work and private life: a 38-hour working week, 28 days of leave, extra legal holidays (11/07, 02/11, 15/11 and 26/12) + closure between Christmas and New Year (to compensate for holidays falling in the weekend). Furthermore, there are flexible working hours and the extensive possibility to work from home.
Application Technical Analyst, Java, Enterprise Architect, Application Architect, Integration Architect, Salesforce, Product Owner, Solution Architect, Data Architect, PostgreSQL