Software Engineer / Architect @ AE
Digitalization is having a growing impact on organizations and on the ecosystems created around them. Boundaries between industries are blurring and the effects of digital disruption are being strongly felt across industries. With breakthrough technologies blurring the physical constraints of time and space, many new opportunities, transactions and experiences have emerged. Business is gaining traction and it is becoming essential to incorporate technology and information in order to maintain a competitive place within the marketplace. Change can also be ushered in by non-traditional players from surprising quarters. Established companies must therefore dare to question themselves in order to meet these challenges. AE helps organizations to reinvent their business models and meet changing customer expectations and regulations. Through project management, operational excellence and change management, AE sets the course for the future in co-creation mode.
You'll act as a bridge-builder between business and IT and help to develop a long-term vision for applications and processes. From this long-term vision, you also ensure that the architecture fits the roadmap of the business.
As a Software Architect you help our customers in the design and setup of a reliable customer-oriented software architecture at application level. You analyze non-functional requirements in cooperation with the customer or an enterprise architect, and build a software architecture based on those requirements. You implement reliable and efficient software development practices. You are responsible for coaching and coordinating a team of Designers and Developers. You offer technical advice where necessary and encourage your team to be self-directed.
In addition you are also part of the architects team, which deals with the broader architectural framework in terms of applications, information, security and infrastructure across the customer, with the aim of implementing a technical strategy and achieving optimal integration with the IT landscape.
Internally at AE you will also, and depending on personal ambition, have the opportunity to take on many additional responsibilities or personal growth paths.
Due to the growth of AE and the need for further digital transformation at a lot of customers, there is a need for additional expertise to bridge the ambitions of business stakeholders and the organization , technology, various teams and application architecture.
AE is looking for experienced Software Architects as well as people who have at least 3 years experience as a Software Engineer and want to make the step to software architecture.
- You have a passion for software and an eye for elegant solutions. Whether it is from a java or .net environment, back-end or front-end, you want above all to realize the right software with your team, in the most effective way.
- You have experience in different development styles & (agile) development methods and think realistically when which approach is important.
- You are analytically strong with a critical view on the world. You take pride in your work and strive for just enough approach/structure/method.
- You have an extensive background in software engineering projects, knowledge of/vision on design patterns, best practices, different architecture styles (e.g. Volatility Based Decomposition, component based design, …) and especially the translation of these styles into practice.
- You are eager to learn, your field of interest and experience extends to integration (API management and services), information architecture (including Big Data, hadoop, NoSQL), Cloud & Security.
- Fluent in communication with a positive and constructive attitude. You can bring your ideas clearly to the people around you. You can easily bring people into your thinking within your team and easily take other perspectives into account.
- You can (guide) others in their growth on a technical level.
- Stress resistant, results-oriented and feel challenged by complex issues.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of one of the leading companies in the field of digital transformation, working end-to-end from strategy to solution.
- You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that creates not only business-critical but very often highly innovative and even disruptive platforms.
- A learning organization that offers many opportunities to develop yourself through internal and external training and platforms, on-the-job in collaboration with many competent colleagues who are also eager to share their knowledge.
- AE offers a wide range of services which gives you the opportunity to develop yourself in the direction that interests you.
- Attractive salary package in line with your experience. You can also work for AE on a self-employed basis if you have the ambition to make a long term commitment and want to help build the organization and yourself.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner for this role at AE.
Contact Isaure Rooryck for more information: email@example.com