The oXya teams work focused on a group of dedicated customers. It is important for each team to know the expectations and context of the specific customer. In order to be able to function as the extension of the IT team of the customer. Depending on the size order and complexity of the customers, a team manages between 5 and 15 customers. Each team is put together in a multidisciplinary way with employees with different areas of expertise. The technical challenge is that each team has to cover different layers, ranging from virtualised server environments (Microsoft or Linux OS), database management, network & security, SAP, cloud solutions, monitoring tools, … Each team therefore combines 4 functions: VMware/Cloud Admin, OS Admin, Database Admin, SAP Admin, as well as a service delivery manager (usually the team lead) who takes care of planning and communication with the customer. The teams therefore also consist of 6 to 15 employees. Oxya Benelux currently has 3 teams.
oXya is growing strongly. The trend towards more cloud-based solutions continues. oXya combines a unique combination of technological cloud-based expertise and global presence. In addition, SAP is the leading provider of business-critical ERP solutions in the world. In this way oXya has a fantastic unique selling proposition and you will notice this in the growth and interest in their services. The role of Senior System Engineer is therefore crucial in shaping and supporting these cloud based services and solutions. You will get the opportunity to take a pioneering role in a company that is a leader in digital transformation and cloud solutions.
As a Senior System Engineer at oXya you will come into contact with a very extensive technological environment. You will have the opportunity to work with competent and committed colleagues, who together and as a team want to offer the best service to the customer. You will see most of your colleagues on the work floor in Kortrijk on a daily basis. There is also a base in Haasrode-Leuven. This gives you a very strong group feeling where there is plenty of room for knowledge transfer and technical support. Your range of tasks is therefore diverse and extensive:
- Solving incidents, often on business-critical systems
- Solving complex problem situations and identifying preventive measures / improvements in processes and tools
- Assessing performance statistics of the environment
- Carrying out configuration changes
- Participation in and implementation of technical upgrades and migration projects (e.g. S/4HANA upgrades)
- Installation and maintenance of servers, operating systems and network equipment
- Managing the technical environment of SAP BC: transport management, execution and understanding
- Refresh operations, client copy/ Kernel upgrade …, printer management, handling and performing initial analysis on incidents (OSS notes find), daily checks and daily report analysis, basic scheduler and backup tools, OS and DB, …
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of all operational security and emergency procedures
- Developing expertise on specific SAP technologies & procedures
- Transfer of knowledge to the rest of the team
Depending on your ambition, you can continue to grow and you already have 2 concrete options. On the one hand, to further focus on the technical track and to continue your path as a Senior and grow into a technical expert. On the other hand, to take on additional responsibility as a Team or Technical Lead. A team lead at oXya is still 70% of his time busy with the more complex technical elaboration. In addition, he or she is also responsible for communication with the customer and the internal team organisation.
In this challenging role where you end up in a playground of technological possibilities and can collaborate with experts from different domains, we are looking for an experienced System Engineer with the following background and experience:
- Higher education with a strong IT background
- Proven hands on experience with knowledge of Cloud and/or VMware, operating systems, databases and management of installations, upgrades and OS/DB migrations (Microsoft or Linux)
- No prior knowledge of SAP BC knowledge is required, more knowledge is an additional asset
- Analytical thinking and stress-resistant / team player / responsible and independent
You will end up with a leader in digital transformation with a unique service delivery model resulting in 98% customer satisfaction. Opportunity to work in a dedicated competent multidisciplinary team, managing a group of clients from the Kortrijk office. Many opportunities to learn in a high-tech context that invests in most new technologies and innovations. A wide range of different tasks and technologies. Flat organisational structure & accessible management. Lots of autonomy in the execution of assignments. Strong and consistently growing company in the international SAP and cloud market. Team activities contribute to a pleasant working environment. Attractive salary including a company car and a wide range of fringe benefits.
Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner of oXya. If you are interested, please contact Klaas Bernaert via firstname.lastname@example.org.