As an Embedded Software Developer in the Niko R&D team, you contribute to the software development of our IoT solutions for building automation. You are part of a multidisciplinary scrum team that takes ownership of designing and implementing our platform and its software features, with focus on the embedded part. Development is primarily on state-of-the-art embedded Linux devices that are cloud connected but can also be on bare metal microcontrollers (e.g. sensors) or Android devices (e.g. touchscreens). Since the system you work on is an IoT platform, it integrates with many other ecosystems in this domain so (IP) network communication is an essential part of the daily job.
- You have a master degree in computer science or a similar engineering domain or equal through experience.
- You are fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
- You have relevant experience in embedded Linux development, C/C++ coding, IP networking, CI principles, Atlassian tools and HW-SW interaction.
- Knowledge of any of the following practices or tools is a plus: lua scripting, Jenkins, Scrum methodology, code reviewing, unit testing, Yocto, VoIP.
- Experience in IoT and/or building automation is a plus.
- You are willing to do short business trips in Europe (trips of a few days, 2 or 3 times per year).
- You are a quick learner, a team player and a good communicator.
- You are energized by contributing to multidisciplinary product development and you are able to connect with and understand other disciplines (both technical and UX or business) outside the embedded software domain.
A nice salary, complemented with extra-legal benefits are only the basis of our offer. What is at least equally important is that you end up in a solid company with a clear vision for the future. In a no-nonsense company that does what it says and says what it does. In a company that never stands still, but constantly launches new quality solutions. In a company with great, open colleagues you can rely on. In short, in a company that fully supports and challenges you.
Amon is Niko's exclusive recruitment partner. Interested? Contact Zoë Deswaef (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright @ Amon 2020
Hardware Design & Embedded Engineering, Application Development