Senior Embedded Software Architect @ Daikin
“Digital transformation for innovation” is one of the key strategic themes of Daikin in their Fusion25 ambition. The EMEA Electric & Controls department is right at the beating heart of this ambition.
As a senior embedded software architect you will acquire deep technical knowledge of the solutions Daikin is building and maintaining. Together with a good understanding of the business requirements and the Daikin products, you will use this knowledge to correctly steer the development partners and define the software architecture. You also guide software development technology choices and execute software development specification making (PGG, SAD, SDD).
Together with the project team you strive for a good balance between the quality, cost and timely delivery of embedded software solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
As a senior embedded software architect you design the overall software architecture. You are the technical expert and you’ll make sure that your requirements are translated correctly towards the external partners. You won’t be coding as such but you will oversee the development activities to make sure everything is delivered meeting the requirements.
Your tasks will be:
- Collecting input from requirement engineers and aiming to design an overall software architecture that suits these captured requirements
- Providing the correct input regarding the software architecture towards dedicated product owners who will further communicate in detail with internal or external software suppliers
- Correctly prioritize and follow up the developments together with the product owner to make sure their deliverables meet the requirements and standards;
- As a technical expert on the products you develop, assist the team with support, analyzing issues, proposing countermeasures and making sure they are implemented with the correct priority;
- Follow technological evolutions within your field of expertise and formulate proposals to include them in our developments;
- Coordinate on technical level a team of junior embedded software engineers.
- You feel a strong match with the Daikin Vision and want to work on innovative products to fight climate change;
- You have a Master’s Degree in Electronics or ICT;
- You are interested in embedded software development;
- You have experience working technically on embedded hardware/software;You are a strong team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and are capable of thinking on a conceptual level;
- You are a strong communicator;
- You thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to change;
- You strive for consensus between stakeholders in the project;
- You have an innovative mindset.
- You will be joining a company that attaches importance to innovation and contributes to greening the environment . You will have the ownership to launch your own ideas;
- You work for an international company. The headquarters for EMEA is a melting pot of backgrounds and nationalities, with a strong connection to the Japanese background;
- Daikin encourages entrepreneurship and inspires their employees to develop their own careers;
- The company provides opportunities to grow with extensive training programs, coaching and the flexibility to change jobs based on your own ambitions;
- Daikin is an industry leader. As the largest innovator in their industry, they offer stability and ample career opportunities.
- You work from one of the leading, most innovative centers, located in Zwijnaarde (Gent).
- There is flexibility and the possibility to work from home.
Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner of Daikin for this vacancy. Interested? Then please contact Leen Desopper (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright @ Amon 2023