The PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point) department is responsible for the hardware and software solutions used by the dispatch centers (control rooms) of the federal police and the 112 emergency services. In Belgium, there are a total of 22 control rooms.
As a Product Manager, you are responsible for managing more complex initiatives with a deep understanding, interest, and experience in architecture, as well as strong negotiation skills (and you are not afraid of customer interactions). In this challenging role, it primarily focuses on managing the strategic technical building blocks.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You determine the strategy of your product line in alignment with the overall strategy.
- You create the roadmap for your products.
- In collaboration with your colleagues, you explore possibilities for new services and evolutions of existing services, in line with ASTRID's mission.
- You act as the link between stakeholders and the technical teams, translating needs into high-level concepts.
- You work with users to define user requirements and convert them into functional specifications.
- You develop the business case for "your" services and present it to the stakeholders.
- You collaborate with Product Marketing for market research and the "go to market" of your services.
- As a product manager, you place less emphasis on the cost but focus more on how it can be accomplished. You are involved in defining the project, understanding its architecture, and investigating how it can be technically executed.
Experience and background:
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a product manager, product owner, or business analyst in the IT industry.
- You have more than 5 years of overall work experience.
- You hold a Higher Non-University Degree or have equivalent experience.
- You are capable of understanding the architecture of complex ICT systems, identifying their building blocks, and grasping the essence of solutions (strong analytical and synthesis skills).
- Knowledge of integrated telephony solutions (call centers) is a plus.
- Knowledge or affinity with emergency and safety services is also a plus.
- You are familiar with the Agile methodology. Knowledge of Jira and Confluence (Work in Progress) is a plus.
- You are strong in communication and persuasive in interactions.
- You are tactful and motivated; your enthusiasm aligns internal and external
- stakeholders to achieve your objectives.
- You are a team player who willingly shares your experience with colleagues.
- You are creative, curious, and capable of thinking "outside the box."
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- You are skilled in providing informal leadership to people.
- You have native language proficiency in at least one of the national languages (Dutch/French) and ideally a good knowledge of the other language.
- You have a good command of technical English.
You work within an organization with a special social purpose: you contribute directly to the safety of every citizen in Belgium.
A stable environment with an optimal work-life balance and flexible working hours.
An attractive salary complemented by a company car and a wide range of fringe benefits.
You can count on reliable colleagues within the team who are very driven and committed.
Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner for this vacancy.
If interested, please contact Liza Rebry (email@example.com) or Jan Cuyt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Copyright Amon 2023
Telecom, Business Analyst / Business Consultant, Infrastructure Architect, Product Development Manager, Product Owner, Solution Architect, Business Architect