Tasks and responsibilities
- You contribute to the realisation of the common goals of IT and business.
- You are the Architect of the integration architecture that is to be developed. The new application landscape requires a continuous improvement/continuous delivery (CI/CD) approach and will be implemented and hosted in the cloud. You take the lead in all phases of this programme, thereby facilitating the transition of Biztalk ESB to APIs and cloud-based solutions.
- You supply input for the IT strategy – within your domain – geared to the business needs.
As Middleware Manager you are also the central pivot for the various departments on the subject of integration. You always keep an overview of the project planning and you plan and prioritise the solutions:
- You maintain contacts with the business line owners, product managers and business analysts throughout the organisation to stay abreast of their feedback and future needs.
- You support projects by delivering appropriate solutions in terms of process automation or process transmission.
- You guarantee the integrity of the data transfer between the various applications and systems.
- You establish business cases for the proposed solutions and implement the road map through the setup, delegation and follow-up of the solutions.
- You develop and support processes to guarantee the availability of applications and their life cycle. You make sure that all interfaces are stable, robust and supportable.
- You coordinate a team of experienced technical experts/analysts responsible for the management and continued development of these interfaces. You ensure an adequate level of technical documentation, knowledge management and knowledge transfer within your team.
- You are familiar with the end-to-end monitoring of applications.
- You monitor SLAs in close collaboration with the Service Management team.
- You keep a close eye on external market changes.
Expectations after 3, 6 and 12 months
In the first few months the main emphasis is on getting to know the business, the strategy of the Nationale Loterij and the external partners (e.g. Proximus for the EnCo API toolbox). You will gradually assume more responsibilities until you are capable of functioning autonomously and making your mark on how the domain develops strategically in the future.
In concrete terms, in 2020 the Nationale Loterij will continue to focus on the following areas:
– Development of a personalised online and mobile gaming platform (new target operating model)
– Re-platforming and migration to the cloud
– Creation of a new integration layer
– Continued focus on standardisation and simplification
In this role you report to Infra & Operations Manager Fabrice Laruelle.
For this role we are looking to hire a candidate who holds a master’s degree with a technological orientation or who has equivalent work experience.
In addition you also have significant technical expertise in
– Microsoft Enterprise Service Bus
– Azure IS: Logical App, Service Bus, Biz App
– API management
– Virtualisation and container: Vmware, Kubernetes
– DB engine: Ms-SQL
– Protection standards (e.g. OAuth)
Moreover, you have recently acquired experience in project management (PMI, Prince2 and/or Agile) and you are good at working with external partners (SLA management and the management of outsourcing relations). Internally you are not just able to guide and coach team members but you can also delegate tasks and evaluate their successful execution. Good communication skills, the ability to work autonomously, a proactive attitude and determination are part of your DNA.
You know how to formulate criticism, perform analyses and propose solutions in a multi-vendor environment. Your reactive and analytical mind helps you cope with incidents/challenges. You are receptive to change.
You communicate fluently in Dutch or French and English.
The Nationale Loterij is both a public company and a company active in the European and international lottery and gaming sector. This creates a unique dynamic. The Nationale Loterij provides stability in a rapidly changing market.
At the same time the Nationale Loterij plays an important social role. The profits from their activities flow back to society through subsidies and sponsoring. In this way the Nationale Loterij supports organisations and events of social importance. Their staff help to propagate that vision.
The Nationale Loterij offers a salary in line with the market supplemented with fringe benefits and, possibly, a bonus. Staff have a generous number of leave days and flexible work is an option. An extensive training curriculum keeps the staff’s knowledge up-to-date and fuels their motivation to climb the corporate ladder.
Moreover, the Nationale Loterij is ranked 12th in the list of most reputable Belgian companies (source: Reputation Institute). In 2019 the Nationale Loterij was awarded the ‘Top Employer’ certificate for the second year running, in recognition of its HR policy that is based on four pillars: continuous feedback, mutual recognition, autonomy based on self-knowledge and transparent communication. According to strict international standards this recognition of ‘Top Employer 2019’ is awarded after a thorough screening of the HR policy and the HR processes of those companies wishing to be considered for the Top Employer certificate.
Your work-life balance is also taken into account! You can work from home 1 day a week as well as 1 day a week from one of the three hubs (Ghent, Liège and Brussels). In addition the Brussels headquarters are also easily accessible via public transport (Brussels Central Station 13 min. walk and Brussels-Luxembourg station at a mere 5 min. walk). If you’re coming by car there are parking facilities nearby. If you prefer the combination of a company car and public transport… that’s also an option!
In your role as Middleware Manager you operate in the ‘connected nerve centre’ of the Nationale Loterij’s digital strategy. You are given the opportunity to design the new integration architecture from the ground up in a context with over 1 million registered players where technology, data and digital vision are critical to the success of the organisation.
Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner for this role at the National Lottery.
Contact Kristien Podevyn for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org – 0474 74 29 97
Copyright@ Amon, 2020
Microsoft, Middleware & EAI, Architect Integration