The Linux System Engineer is a critical member of the IT team responsible for ensuring the stability, security, and optimal performance of the Linux-based server infrastructure. The role is responsible for the design, deployment, and maintenance of Linux systems, as well as providing support to resolve technical issues and enhance the organization's server capabilities.
As Linux System Engineer, your main focus will be:
– Linux Server Administration: Install, configure, and maintain Linux servers, including monitoring system performance and optimizing configurations for maximum efficiency.
– System Design and Architecture: Collaborate with the IT Infrastructure Architect to design and implement Linux-based systems, considering scalability and high availability.
– Security Management: Implement and maintain security measures, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and access controls to safeguard the Linux servers and data.
– Patch Management: Regularly apply system updates, security patches, and ensure compliance with security policies and procedures.
– Performance Tuning: Monitor system performance, identify bottlenecks, and fine-tune server configurations to optimize performance.
– Capacity Planning: Evaluate and plan for server capacity and resource requirements based on the organization's needs.
– Backup and Disaster Recovery: Develop and manage backup and recovery strategies to ensure data integrity and system availability.
– Troubleshooting and Technical Support: Respond to and resolve technical issues, providing timely support to address server-related problems.
– Scripting and Automation: Develop and maintain scripts and automation tools for system management and routine tasks.
– Documentation: Create and maintain system documentation, including configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
– Collaboration: Work closely with other IT teams, developers, and stakeholders to meet business requirements and deliver efficient Linux solutions.
– Compliance: Ensure Linux systems adhere to industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
– Bachelor or Master degree
– Red Hat and containers
– Server administration (Virtual (vmware) and physical (Dell))
– Programming and coding (shell, bash scripting)
– Configuration/Deployment Management with tools like Ansible
– Applied knowledge of
– Information security
– Compliance with procedures
– Drawing up activity reports
– Analytical skills of logs (using log aggregators like Graylog)
– Good understanding of
– eIDAS legislation and ETSI, IEETF, CA / B forum standards
– DB technologies (MariaDB)
– Network technologies
Zetes offers a competitive remuneration package including meal vouchers, health insurance, a company car, standby compensation and an annual performance bonus. A flexible working environment and excellent fringe benefits, such as daily meals paid by Zetes etc. are part of the competitive salary package.
Zetes offers you a challenging position in a high-tech setting. You work in a team that brings together various state-of-the art technologies in soft- and hardware. Because of the international growth in demand for solid solutions, related to all domains of identity, Zetes is a successful and financially stable organization.
Moreover, a lot of variation, autonomy and interaction with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders is guaranteed. Zetes refers to the possibility for a personalized development program (management, leadership, interpersonal skills, technical skills, …) and the opportunity to specialize in a field that is quite exceptional in Belgium.