Purpose of the position
To support its ambition in terms of digital transformation, asset simplification and cloud adoption, BNP Paribas Fortis is looking for a IT Tribe Lead Risk & Credits.
The IT Tribe Lead will need to
- Contribute to the strategy and to the Tribe’s vision, strategy and annual plan, which determine the department's activities in an efficient and effective way. Balancing between risk awareness and entrepreneurship.
- Define a clear tribe mission and objectives, roadmap and backlog. Determine priorities and major deliverables for squads that generate business results and customer value.
Motivate staff to achieve the objectives and ensure to have the right person at the right job at all times.
- Provide clear information and proactive advice at the senior management level about the needs of the tribe to enable the various stakeholders to make consistent and efficient decisions and / or adjust the strategy.
Share knowledge and generate a clear view of internal and external developments of the tribe with relevant stakeholders.
Continuously optimize and align processes, tools and systems within IT (optimal combination of resources in terms of price, quality, operational excellence, risk and business continuity.
Tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to the IT Area Lead, the IT Tribe Lead will be directly in charge of
the development and implementation of the IT strategy of the tribe
- paying particular attention to the Group's guidelines, SLA Agreements and the BNPP Fortis strategy (Group and company), in order to achieve the objectives of the tribe ensuring that the IT strategy is incorporated in the overall tribe strategy
the IT landscape of the tribe
monitoring/correct usage of IT processes in the tribe, to ensure efficient IT delivery, working with the different guilds and CoEs.
- educating the Tribe Owner on the impact of the IT landscape on the tribe strategy and vice versa
More concretely, the IT Tribe Lead focuses on
STRATEGY / PLANNING
Implement and contribute to the change and run strategy of BNPP Fortis and/or BNP Group within given budgets based on aligned corporate strategic priorities, policies and procedures.
- Define and implement the IT asset strategy for the tribe
Translate together with the Tribe Owner the tribe’s strategy into concrete and measurable objectives (vision, policies, year plan and budget).
Contribute to the yearly budget exercise (Total budget: 16 mio – Run : 5 mio & Change : 11 mio)
Define the tribe’s roadmap based on tribe’s strategy as well as enhancements requested by other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Tribe owner to ensure
- the tribe's capacity is optimally allocated to ensure delivery.
- the joint objectives of the tribe are achieved
- appropriate collaboration with SCS and CoE.
- Prioritization of incidents within the Tribe backlog – together with key Tribe roles
DELIVERY OF CHANGE AND MANAGEMENT OF RUN
- Continuously refine squad structure to deliver the Tribe roadmap and tribe objectives together with key Tribe roles
- Ensure the necessary processes are in place to guarantee proper ideation and refinement activities within the tribe.
Monitor the usage of the Tribe’s product continuously and use it as an input to the Tribe’s roadmap
Report on the delivery progress towards the strategic priorities set by SCS
Prioritization of incidents within the Tribe backlog – together with key Tribe roles
- underlying assets of the tribe
- IT related obstacles and dependencies with other tribes on strategic level and on prioritization
- with other tribes on cross-Tribe IT priorities during the Quarterly Business Review (QBR)
- with the Tribe owner in order to ensure that key delivery issues and impediments are resolved in a timely manner
Manage and coach the team (FTE : 135 over 6 chapters/teams – 58 internal/61 external/16 offshore) utilizing the instruments, services and procedures of HR.
- Continuous feedback, empowerment and competence development
- Career management, mobility and succession planning
- Team cooperation
Individual HR management of the tribe members (evaluation, performance appraisal, hiring, firing, salary increase, promotion, demotion, …)
Align the tribe to realize its mission
- Coordinate with all IT roles within the tribe, Product Owners, Chapter Leaders and Head of CoE to identify the right resources to support the tribe’s priorities
- Engage regularly with chapter leads on squad output and providing the right level of feedback to enable squad alignment and autonomy.
- Stimulate inter-squad cooperation and mobility.
- Continuously engage and be the SPOC for senior internal/external stakeholders and the Group.
- Represent the IT objectives for the Tribe internally
- Engage with the external partners both on a strategic and operational level (e.g. AG Insurance, IT vendors…)
- Escalate major issues/ask for help regarding obstacles (tap into leadership to support if needed)
Drive open communication with other tribes
- Regular contact
- Ensure development, transfer and retention of knowledge and good practices
- Advise (proactively) and recommend IT measures/projects at senior management level.
- Measure, monitor, compare and evaluate IT processes, tools and systems in place
- Initiate and implement change and improvement
Provide ideas (on request and on own initiative) in the light of qualitative and quantitative development through periodic and ad hoc reports and / or analyses based on the reporting guidelines.
- Ensure that continuous improvement on IT activities is anchored in the tribe’s culture and way of working
- Define the tribe’s IT continuous improvements roadmap and align it with the Tribe
Modeling behaviors to support the organization’s transformation to a new way of working
- Actively creating and maintaining the culture within the Tribe based on the organization and agile leadership behaviors
- Helping embed the Agile new way of working (new governance practices, collaboration model, etc.) within the Tribe
- Creating a climate for innovation
The IT Tribe Lead will report directly to the IT Area Lead.
Background and experience
The candidate needs an IT background and strong experience in managing IT teams (at least 10 years of relevant experience).
Experience with Agile methodology is welcome.
Experience in working in an international group is a plus.
- Team player
- Collaborative mindset
- Open to give and receive feedback
- Fostering autonomy
- Empowerment of teams
Knowledge of English (must), Dutch and French.
BNP Paribas Fortis values their employees’ commitment. And this is reflected in the compensation they receive in return for their work.
As a result, BNP Paribas Fortis offers a competitive salary package with:
- A fixed salary in line with your job type and category, as well as your professional experience
- A flexible cafeteria plan with multiple options that you can choose according to your preferences and needs, whether they are short or long term.
- Profit sharing and a non-recurring benefit linked to the company’s results
topped off by additional benefits such as :
- Flexible working hours & the possibility of working from home
- At least 32,5 holiday leave days per year
- Access to a wide range of training courses to enable you to develop continuously
- Group and hospitalization insurance
- Meal vouchers and an annual gift voucher for you and each of your dependent children
- A multimedia allowance or the provision of an internet connection at home
- Many discounts – in particular through affiliation to the benefits@work platform
- Supplementary child allowance and a contribution to the costs of holiday courses.
Moreover, you can work from a brand new building in the heart of Brussels (Warandeberg).
Are you interested in this vacancy? Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner for this role at BNP Paribas.
Contact Kristien Podevyn for more information: email@example.com.
Copyright @ Amon
IT Director Algemeen, IT Director Applications, Program Manager