As Lead Architect you are responsible for translating objectives into automated processes and information provision. You form the link between the business and IT and describe the vision, strategy and the main choices to be made. You describe these in the form of (architectural) principles, guidelines and models.
You provide insight into the relationship between the information, the processes and the applications so that the change initiatives are chosen and implemented in a responsible manner. Based on the mapped enterprise solution architecture, the Lead Architect will be able to evaluate new initiatives in a more informed way.
You will monitor standards, follow up on architecture governance, represent standards and the executive architecture board and decide on deviations. As Lead Architect your goal is to carry out and further embed principles around architecture governance in the organization.
You are also responsible for a team of Architects.
You will also work closely with the business (from sr management to more operational), the IT management and the IT teams over the different regions and the group.
Duties and responsibilities
- Functional management of the overall IT architecture;
- Drafting and maintaining domain architectures and guarding the coherence;
- Providing architecture advice at tactical, operational and strategic level;
- Drafting, coordinating and securing the architecture principles, standards, models and guidelines;
- Reviewing plans, designs, realizations and architectures of colleagues;
- Analyze complex issues in their coherence, from different stakeholder perspectives;
- Translate complex functional requirements into roadmaps;
- Launching, managing and evaluating architecture tools;
- Develop and elaborate various business scenarios and corresponding proposals to respond to them;
- Manage and monitor the legacy replacement roadmap;
- Unify conflicting requirements and functions through ingenious (technical) solutions;
- Produce and keep up to date documentation in the field of architecture;
- You will work closely with the already present architects, the business, IT management and the CIO.
As Lead Architect you report to the Head of IT, Bart Van Bouwel.