Head of IT & Innovation @ WDP
The Head of IT and Innovation is in the driver's seat to work with the team and external partners to shape and monitor the IT strategy in line with the business strategy. The first goal of the Head of IT and Innovation is to bring stability, after which change can be initiated. There is a need for project planning with the necessary buffers a helicopter view that provides the framework for the team.
There are many opportunities in technology and digitalization that can support the ambition and further growth of WDP in the short and long term. Not for nothing has a digital pillar been included in the 2025 growth plan. As Head of IT & Innovation, you and your team will have a direct impact on the success of the organization.
Strategy and policy
- Act as an advisor to the CFO and by extension Exco, providing key insights and critical analysis regarding current systems and supporting information technology to provide input – from technology and digital transformation – to strategic and policy decisions.
- In charge of drafting and realizing the strategic ICT plan based on the overall strategy.
- Optimizing the existing ICT structure for stable operational continuity, decisive delivery of changes/improvements and efficient use of available resources. Focus on using IT at the right level, focusing on added value and risk reduction.
- Ultimately responsible for application management, ICT infrastructure management, endpoint deployment, ICT service delivery, data insight management, cyber security and supplier management.
Managing and coaching
- Managing and coaching the ICT colleagues. Leading by example, motivating them and inspiring the team so that colleagues excel at what they do. Build their capabilities through training and development.
- Monitor the status and progress of operations and projects in order to catch and resolve any bottlenecks/problems. Initiate and prepare projects and exchange necessary information in order to optimize cooperation between teams.
- Act as an internal consultant for other departments for IT interventions, organizational problems and even for various functional areas for which recognized expertise has been acquired through automation projects.
- Lead-by-example role, stimulating dialogue/improvement mentality and working to reduce the distance between different layers in the organization
- Taking responsibility for drawing up and controlling the ICT budget (2 million EUR per year excluding personnel costs and projects).
- Monitor the deployment of resources and means in the business within the boundaries of the financial agreements.
- Providing financial input from the IT perspective when drawing up project charters for projects. Ensuring that projects to improve business processes support the strategy of the organization.
- Ensure optimal organization of IT in which economies of scale are maximized within the group context. Capturing synergies.
- Relationship with stakeholders.
Collaborate with other management members to propagate and realize WDP's strategy.
- Working with internal colleagues to identify concrete needs and wishes. Setting up partnerships with the business.
- Collaborating with external stakeholders to keep the concrete needs, wants and commitments on the radar.
- Collaborating with external suppliers to keep services running optimally
Innovation & Renewal
- Monitor, report on and seek application opportunities of technological evolutions and innovations.
- Actively seek opportunities for process or technology improvements.
- Provide thought leadership on methods, tools and approaches.
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies and service providers to advise on which new technology solutions best meet business and system requirements. Excel in technical expertise and stay abreast of emerging trends.
For the role of Head of IT & Innovation, we are looking for someone with the following background:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience within an executive ICT management or board position at organizations of similar size and complexity
- Experience in making ICT department work efficiently
- Experience with policy and strategy development
- Knowledge of Business Process Reengineering and Program and Project Management
WDP is a unique combination of a family and BEL20 company, where entrepreneurship and innovation are central. There are short decision lines and lots of opportunities to realize well-founded projects. You will be joining an ambitious organization where there is a will to develop new growth engines alongside the traditional, organic growth, where Energy & Sustainability and IT & Digitization are of strategic importance. The latest IT trends, software and technologies (IoT, AI, …) will be integrated into the IT landscape. There is freedom for proactivity and innovation. You will have the opportunity to take ownership and shape new application landscape that will have an immediate impact on the success of the organization.
Amon is WDP's exclusive recruitment partner for this vacancy.
Interested in this position? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org