Schoenen Torfs has for many years been responsible for the development of its own Retail Management System (RMS), starting from purchasing & merchandising, distribution of the goods via their own WMS and sales at their own Point of Sales that is connected in real time to the RMS. In addition, the RMS is also linked to their successful omnichannel platform (Salesforce Commerce Cloud) on which the websites and in-store kiosks run. The RMS is a .NET development and uses the underlying Microsoft SQL Server as a database.
To map out new functionalities or changes to the Retail Management System and all associated applications (Salesforce environments, Shipping Manager, MuleSoft, EDI, loyalty systems, mobile scanner inventory apps, sorting machine, etc.), Torfs is looking for a Functional Analyst.
The Functional Analyst focuses on (improvement) projects that encompass the broader application landscape of Torfs:
– Long-term strategic projects: The Functional Analyst determines the needs of the business based on a needs analysis and helps determine how new software packages should be implemented and configured.
– Medium tactical projects: Adjustments to the current ERP system, small implementations e.g. connecting a new payment terminal and changes to the accounting package.
– Operational adjustments to the existing systems.
We work with a roadmap where priorities are set by management and all parties involved. According to this roadmap, projects are picked up by the Functional Analyst.
Task and responsabilities:
- You work according to a project-oriented approach in which you write analyzes based on a roadmap and priority list;
- You focus on functional specifications and document them in the form of user stories;
- You will come into contact with all the different departments within Torfs, ranging from purchasing, logistics and finance to the regional managers and stores;
- You set up the necessary meetings for this and ensure a clear agenda that is closely followed, so that the meeting is efficient and to the point;
- You write clear, complete, but to the point and unambiguous analyzes in a standardized document, which is subsequently validated by the various stakeholders within the company and the development team;
- After validating the analysis, you transfer it to the development team so that it can start development. The development team works in sprints of 3 weeks;
- You work closely with various external partners who are responsible for the implementation of the solution;
- You manage the documentation portal (Confluence) and motivate employees to use the templates correctly;
- Depending on your ambition, you will have the opportunity to take on more project management tasks: managing scope, timing and organizing meetings.