Tasks and responsibilities:
– On the one hand, we are continuing to build and maintain existing frontend, which keeps growing in functionality;
– On the other hand, a totally new frontend will be built (in React); application is quite large; and contains a lot of map data (GPS positions etc) and dashboards in addition to relational data. At least 1 or 2 years will be needed to build the new frontend.
– Ownership of the overall frontend roadmap of Ovinto:
builds the client side of the application.
Your responsibility is to build a website that has an engaging view.
must focus on design, technology, and programming to build an efficient application.
– Bridging the “gap” between frontend needs and backend development.
– Collaborate with the Product Architect and CTO and the development team on key decisions and design considerations, to ensure high quality, scalability, maintainability, and resiliency. While continuously delivering well-crafted, working software that creates real business value.
– Working with a team of knowledgeable software engineers. You inform/advise and support the teams in frontend technology choices, delivery (guardian of scope and timing) and process. Follow-up of timely execution / delivery of the frontend roadmap and determination of the day-to-day tasks of the technical team. Setting-up a framework of expected roadmap delivery tracks, which is then also used for clear communication about the delivery roadmap to the non-technical teams.
– Working in (on average) 2 weekly sprints, with mainly a remote team; so self-discipline is an important point. Daily there is a short briefing at which the development team discusses together where they are, what are priorities, and any issues; confluence is used to keep track of specs and docs; Jira to keep track of tasks/bugs.
Master degree in ICT / Computer Science or equivalent through experience.
A similar experience as a Frontend Developer in a start-up or scale-up in a product/SaaS oriented environment. Having worked in software engineering -and product teams in a similar context. A passion for clean Front End React code.
At least 5 to 10 years of experience in multiple technical roles.
At least 5 years of hands-on experience in complex IT- (software) Frontend projects and a large variety of priorities.
Extensive experience in Frontend Software and IT, ideally in various domains and technology stacks.
Ability to listen empathically and distil key elements in discussion. Good at managing the balancing towards prioritization and timely execution.
Being solution and client oriented and thinking in options rather than limits and barriers, able to inspire clients and colleagues on the power and benefits of leveraging technologies in their business.
Dedicated/committed to quality as well as timely execution.
Being able to deal with criticism and to distil & foster constructive elements of it.
Being open, cards on the table, honest.
A position, which you can shape yourself and which has a huge impact in and on the success of the future organization. Reporting directly to the CTO.
Small, fast growing company, pragmatic, no internal politics
International context, global scaling
Attractive remuneration package in line with your experience and an additional compensation
Interested in this journey?
Please send me your resume => email@example.com
Amon is the exclusive partner in this Ovinto search.
Application Development, Front-end