You will be positioned as department lead, own intellectual thought leadership and have operational architecture responsibility for Barco. You will lead the architecture team(s) in a large, complex enterprise environment and drive operational and client service excellence as well as ensure consistency across all relevant Industry Architecture Domains defining and driving towards a state of the art future Architecture blueprint for Barco. You will help your teams flourish through thought leadership, team mentoring and business development. Stakeholders will seek your advice on business issues that extend beyond the immediate scope of your work. You will directly report into the Chief Digital and Information Officer.
Defining, Developing & Designing
- Analysing complex IT application landscapes (business applications & products)
- Challenging the status quo and optimization IT architectures
- Identifying and driving non-trivial technology decisions including the translation into Business Value on Executive level
- Storytelling about architectural building blocks and their importance
- Road-mapping and business case development
- Managing Architectural debt, Architecture governance and evolution in practice
- Microservices topologies, including operational concerns such as resiliency, observability, discovery and routing, security etc.
- Designing State of the art IT technologies which allow high automation and standardization
- Strong execution on Roadmap toward vision in a lean and pragmatic way
Leading & Managing
- Lead the (newly created) architecture team (around 10 people)
- Optimizing the application development processes
- Driving architectural thought leadership in the global organization
- Advising internal colleagues on core technical concepts and frameworks
- Advising fellow architects
- Developing a network in the development and IT community and leveraging it
- Building a strong cross functional people network and community, whilst actively engaging business and regional functions to become the trusted advisor in all architectural matters
- Develop the architectural team towards a global advisory and well trusted team
- Executive members (N to N-3)
- IT & development teams
- Functional and process leaders across all central, regional and commercial functions.