Co-CIO @ DP World
Duties and responsibilities:
Strategy and policy
- Act as advisor to the CEO and Executive Committee, providing key insights and critical analysis regarding current systems and supporting information technology in order to provide input – from technology and digital transformation – towards strategic and policy decisions.
- In charge of drafting and realising the strategic ICT plan based on the overall strategy.
- Optimising the existing ICT structure for stable operational continuity, decisive delivery of changes/improvements and efficient use of available resources. Focus on using IT at the right level, focusing on added value and risk reduction.
- Ultimately responsible for application management, ICT infrastructure management, endpoint deployment, ICT service delivery, data insight management, cyber security and supplier management.
Managing and coaching
- Managing and coaching the ICT managers and colleagues reporting directly to the CIO. Leading by example, motivating them and inspiring the team so that colleagues excel at what they do. Build their capabilities through training and development and ensure that they do the same for their own direct reports.
- Monitor the status and progress of operations and projects to catch and resolve any bottlenecks/problems. Initiate and prepare projects and exchange necessary information in order to optimise cooperation between teams.
- Act as an internal consultant to other departments for interventions in IT, organisational problems and even in various functional areas for which recognised expertise has been acquired through automation projects.
- Lead-by-example role, stimulating dialogue/improvement mentality and working to reduce the distance between different layers in the organisation.
- Take responsibility for and control the ICT budget (OPEX 8.5 Mio and CAPEX 9 MIO). Monitor the deployment of resources and means in the business within the outlines of the financial agreements.
- Provide financial input from the IT perspective when drawing up project charters concerning projects. Ensuring that business process improvement projects support the organisation's strategy.
- Ensuring an optimal organisation of IT in which economies of scale are maximised within the global context. Capturing synergies.
- Working with the other board members to jointly propagate and realise DP World Antwerp's strategy as Executive Committee.
- Working with internal colleagues to identify concrete needs and wishes. Setting up partnerships with the business.
- Working with external stakeholders (e.g. Shipping companies, Transport companies, Port services and customs, forwarders,…) to keep the concrete needs, wishes and obligations on the radar.
- Collaborate with external suppliers to keep services running optimally
Innovation & renewal
- Monitoring, reporting on and looking for application possibilities of technological evolutions and innovations.
- Actively seek opportunities for process or technology improvements.
- Provide thought leadership on methods, tools and approaches.
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies and service providers to advise on which new technology solutions best meet business and system requirements. Excel in technical expertise and stay abreast of emerging trends.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience within an executive ICT management or board position at organisations of similar size and complexity
- Experience in making ICT department work efficiently
- Experience with policy and strategy development
- Knowledge of Business Process Reengineering and Programme and Project Management
At DP World, you will shape the global trade of the future.
The DP World group has a dedicated, diverse and professional team of more than 100,000
employees in 6 continents, some 750 of them in Antwerp. Together with all these colleagues, they are
shape tomorrow's global trade and contribute to creating a sustainable
society and a better future for everyone.
The workplace is located in a fascinating and impressive environment with gigantic
ships, containers, cranes and employees constantly on the move.
Because people make the difference, DP World is strongly committed to creating a pleasant, stimulating and safe working environment where employees feel at home and can develop their full potential with comprehensive training programmes. DP World thinks ahead, embraces change and deploys cutting-edge technology to reinvigorate global trade with the smartest
most efficient and innovative solutions. Always with a positive and sustainable impact on the
economy, society and the planet in mind. In this way, they create the ideal setting for building an exciting
and sustainable career.
Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner for this role at DP World. Interested?
Contact Kristien Podeveyn: firstname.lastname@example.org / +32 (0)474 74 29 97 or Klaas Bernaert: email@example.com / +32 (0)472 41 00 91
Copyright @ Amon, 2023