Cloud/IoT Solution Architect @ Daikin
You are responsible for designing and implementing the plan that makes Daikin’s Cloud and App solutions future-proof. You work together with partners, to further expand an innovative, stable, scalable and client oriented cloud platform for the complete range of Daikin’s products. Your role will be key in the next steps of the construction of the most lean architecture, balancing cost and performance, for Daikin’s Cloud solutions.
These will be your key tasks:
- Translating the needs around cloud, Internet of Things and data into a functional, technical and data architecture
- Design, document and visualise the architecture of the Cloud services, and supporting tools.
- Work closely together with the product development team to make sure that this design is supported and realized.
- Interact as an expert and coordinate with dedicated technology suppliers and implementation partners.
- Analyse risks and possible impact of changes to the architecture.
- Monitoring the quality of the delivered solutions;
- Monitoring the principles and agreements as determined in the architecture board;
- Closely following the latest technological trends and acting as a 'technology evangelist'.
- You will be part of the global planning team that develops the roadmap for product development and next gen applications for the next 6 to 18 months.
Background and experience
- You have obtained a Master's degree in an ICT field and have at least 5 years of ICT experience
- You have a software development background and at least 3 years experience as a technical architect or solutions architect;
- You are familiar with best practices and design principles for software development and data modeling;
- A genuine interest in IoT. Proven understanding of IoT concepts is a strong plus.
- Good understanding of microservice based architectures using containerized applications.
- Proven knowledge on API design and data model creation.
- Strong knowledge of at least one cloud platform. Preferably AWS.
- Stay current on industry trends; innovate through research, proof of concepts, and demos
- Security in the cloud is important, and consequently, a good understanding of key security concepts is a must.
- Business Acumen, bridging business and technology
- You are solution-oriented and a team player;
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and can build good relationships both internally and externally.
- You can think on a conceptual level and have a clear vision on the advantages that new technologies can bring to our daily life. Analysis and synthesis are key to presenting your conclusions in an understandable way to the team and management.
- You have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in a project.
- The company is growing at a fast rate, there are many challenges ahead. Therefore, we attach great importance to innovation. You will have the ownership to launch your own ideas.
- You work for an international company. At the headquarters for EMEA, they are a melting pot of backgrounds and nationalities. There is a strong connection to the Japanese background, with the diversity of people and cultures as a true asset to achieve excellence.
- Daikin encourages entrepreneurship and inspires their employees to develop their own careers;
- The company provides opportunities to grow with extensive training programs, coaching and the flexibility to change jobs based on your own ambitions;
- Daikin is an industry leader. As the largest innovator in their industry, they offer stability and ample career opportunities.
- You work from the brand new R&D-center located in Zwijnaarde (Gent). All future Daikin products will originate from this global knowledge hub . There is flexibility and the possibility to work from home.
Amon is the exclusive recruitment partner of Daikin for this vacancy. Interested? Then please contact Leen Desopper (email@example.com).
Copyright @ Amon
IoT / Internet of Things, Cloud, AWS - Amazon Webservices, Azure, Solution Architect, SaaS / Software as a service, PaaS / Platform as a service, API, microservices architecture