As CIO, you are responsible for the strategy and vision of the Digital/IT department and this in support of the core tasks of Van Hoecke. Your team (+30 employees) is involved in the design and development of products and services, and formulates advice to make the right technological choices so that the technology used remains up-to-date. You ensure efficient, safe and cost-effective operation of all systems.
– You have a clear vision in the field of computerisation that is in line with Van Hoecke's long-term strategy. You translate this vision and strategy into actions and results for a future-proof ICT service.
– You manage/lead/coach the employees and team leads and focus on their further development. You lead with knowledge of processes and Van Hoecke's organisational needs, combined with a fundamental knowledge of ICT processes and technologies.
– You are a strategic advisor to the management in the field of digitalisation, information provision, security & technological innovation.
– You are responsible for the operationalisation and optimisation of the ICT with a focus on performance, financial management, organisational structure, talent, support tools and a view on both the short and long term. You are responsible for drafting and monitoring the ICT budget.
– You use modern techniques for governance and maturity improvement of the ICT processes.
– Your helicopter view allows you to manage and prioritise the portfolio of ongoing and planned projects in consultation with the management team and the PMO cell. You manage all products and services in the organisation related to automation, application development and management and the ICT infrastructure. You match the supply of the ICT department and external providers to the demand from the various customer groups. You manage both purchase and development processes of applications and ICT infrastructure and are jointly responsible for the follow-up of contracts.
– You keep abreast of the latest IT developments and trends and apply them.
For this role, we are looking for an experienced CIO with 15-20 years of experience and at least 10 years in managing IT teams.
– You have a master's degree (preferably in IT, computer science or a related field) or have an equivalent profile through experience.
– We consider additional management training or equivalent experience an asset.
– You have experience in managing an ICT service and/or the entire ICT infrastructure in a complex environment.
– You have a clear view on business automation and the integration and interoperability of applications in complex architectures.
– You are able to translate Van Hoecke's strategy into a clear ICT policy/plan and then implement it through good governance with the help of the PMO cell.
– You are customer-oriented and an excellent bridge builder. You express yourself very fluently in Dutch and English; French and German are a bonus.
– You are an entrepreneurial person and strong people manager adept at leading and developing teams, you can inspire employees, stimulate change and promote cooperation. With your participative leadership style and the Van Hoecke Cooperation Model, you let your people take responsibility and generate impact. In short, you are a seasoned change manager who succeeds in leading the further professionalisation of the ICT department.
– You have a passion for innovation and following the latest technological developments.
– You are able to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities.
– In terms of IT and technology, you are the sounding board for the entire management team.
Van Hoecke is a company with a strong corporate culture and positive drive. Its strong drive for innovation offers many opportunities to use the IT team as a lever for further innovation and improvement, both in terms of automation and digitalisation, the development of possible new products and sales markets and further international growth of the company.
The future CIO will head a proud and competent IT team. It is a privilege to fulfil this role. The entire team, the entire company and the entire management team therefore look forward with positive expectations to a fine collaboration with this new colleague. The fruits of hard work will be beautiful and can only motivate to continuously evolve and grow. A fine, challenging and rewarding career lies ahead.
Amon is the exclusive partner for recruiting this position at Van Hoecke. Interested? Feel free to contact us and we will provide you with the detailed job description and all necessary info.
CIO, IT Director Algemeen, IT Director Infrastructure, IT Director Applications, PMO Manager / Director, Program Manager, IT Manager, CDO, Chief Digital Officer