Purpose of the Position
The purpose of the Chief Security Officer position at District09 is to take responsibility for the strategic aspects of IT security management within the organization.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You take responsibility from a strategic perspective for core processes in IT security management.
- You develop a vision and strategy on information security as part of an overall IT strategy.
- In that context, you take the necessary initiative to translate the strategy into a multi-year plan. In this way, you help increase information security and limit the impact of security incidents affecting confidentiality, integrity, or availability of IS/IT.
You will take responsibility for:
- The management and continuous evolution of security processes, governance and architecture, risk management and incident management.
- Promoting security awareness throughout the organization.
- Monitoring security in new initiatives and projects and performing risk analyses.
- Evaluating systems regarding their alignment with security standards.
- Evaluating and building knowledge of new threats to IT security and new security technology.
- Assisting management in security crisis situations.
- Co-managing information security audits.
- Evaluating new information security regulations and making proposals for the implementation of necessary changes in the organization.
- The project management for security-related projects.
- You are the point of contact within District09 for questions relating to information security and also take on an advisory role in relation to the DPOs of the various administrations in Ghent (city, OCMW, etc.). You ensure the representation of District09 in the field of security in various consultation bodies (as provided for in the management agreements with these administrations).