Purpose of the role
As Chief Data Officer (CDO), you design and implement the Data Strategy within the bank, participate in the Project Portfolio Board, lead the cultural change the organization needs to ensure a more strategic approach to data, and report directly to the Management Committee.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a CDO, you focus on translating the strategic and operational objectives of the Bank at service level, as well as establishing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an end-to-end model / strategy for data management and governance to create a data-driven create organization across all departments through the use of advanced analytics and implementing AI and big data processes
- to support the NBB's digital transformation and business goals
- to optimize data availability for the NBB and external clients, considering the legal constraints on confidentiality and data protection.
As a CDO you optimize the protection, quality and integrity of the data
- as an ambassador to rely on a network of stakeholders within the departments of the NBB who themselves are responsible for the implementation of the data initiatives in their department
- to chair the Data Governance Council and the Data Management Boards (composed of representatives of the various entities involved)
- promote projects and transformation initiatives to reduce data wastage across the organization and provide a business glossary and data catalog.
As a CDO you guarantee the protection, quality and integrity of the data
- Establish controls, in conjunction with audit departments, to ensure security, quality and availability and to monitor compliance with intellectual property rights.
As a CDO, you manage a team (Data Governance Center) consisting of the CDO Office and the Data Science Center (12 people) by providing regular support in their professional development and in the performance of their tasks with the aim of
- setting up, coordinating and organizing the operational activities
- the effective implementation of the activities and objectives of the service
As a CDO you guard an open mind and you actively supervise
- changes / developments in activities of the service in order to improve the productivity, quality and relevance of the services provided.
- on developing / maintaining a network of contacts that are necessary for an optimal functioning of the service
- to provide expert advice on security issues and proactively make recommendations to increase business awareness for improved data security management
so that you stay informed of all evolutions in your field of expertise, inform relevant stakeholders about changing regulations and evolutions and develop your own expertise to increase credibility towards the company.
You will work closely with colleagues within the new Data Governance Office (DGO) department. You will report to both Didier Muraille (Head of Micro-Economic Information Department) and Steven Vanackere (Director responsible for EDM). You work from the head office (Boulevard de Berlaimont 14).
You have a master's degree and a minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in a similar challenge, ideally in banking.
For the role of CDO we are looking for candidates who can present the following:
- Successful achievements with regard to the translation of strategic, tactical or operational policy into concrete and measurable objectives
- Demonstrable experience in defining, promoting and implementing a Data Vision and Data Strategy
- knowledge of data management, especially in the technological field
- expertise in data analysis / modeling and in data regulation
- Competences related to
- developing and communicating a realistic future vision for the service based on experience and insight into internal and external developments
- proactively formulating and communicating all relevant information
- not only capturing and respecting the needs of discussion partners, but also motivating them to operationalize them in the business
- Examples of your contribution as
- enthusiastic and convincing advocate for change and innovation in data management
- actively looking for information to keep up to date with the market
- Consistency in principles, values and behavior and builder of trust based on authenticity and fulfillment of obligations
To have a good knowledge (level B2) of the two national languages and English as you work in a bilingual environment.
- Diplomatic skills
- Collaborative skills
- Customer focus
- Result and performance oriented
- Communication skills