Purpose of the Function
The function aims to map the current and future functioning of a domain of the department so that it can be effectively managed in all aspects. The objective is to clarify the business processes, systems and data in order to further develop them in function of new legislative initiatives as well as based on new technical possibilities (AI, Crossroads Databases,…). This is done by performing analyses, developing models and scenarios, identifying risks and challenges, and developing plans to manage them. As a Business Analyst, you are able to prepare data models and process analyses in a language that is understandable to the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As a Business Analyst you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Mapping the research domain and associated services based on legislation, discussions with subject matter specialists and other stakeholders.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve services or establish new services and find synergies in other domains.
- Collaborate with business architects and technical specialists to develop business cases with investment proposals, describing different aspects of the proposal and identifying the return on investment as objectively as possible.
- Follow up and guide the realization of investment proposals in close collaboration with other teams in the department, such as the development teams and the data publishing team.
- Development of opinions on digitization and information management.
- Facilitate the drafting and realization of business cases supported by appropriate functional documentation
- Technology landscape
As a Business Analyst, you will create analyses and diagrams according to these models and diagrams:
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
- Very good and strong team culture, with different styles/approaches per team
- Lots of collaboration and communication, providing growth opportunities for individuals
- Open culture focused on teamwork/collaboration
- Growth opportunities for all roles, with attention to individuals
- Socially relevant context and concrete applications
- Broad range of tasks including contact with users/business and possibility of assignment to specific domain
- Technologically state of the art, but focus on stable business applications with unified builds
- Many collaborations with other developers for common building blocks and more, within and outside own domain.
Working via Vlaanderen connect
As a Business Analist you will be recruited as an employee for an open-ended contract through Vlaanderen connect. This entity is responsible for the recruitment of strategic ICT functions and makes them available to its member-government organizations, such as in this case: Department Environment
In this way, you enjoy the benefits of working for the Flemish Government, but can also count on market-based benefits that are usual for such a position. In addition, you can grow and develop yourself through the enormous potential of challenging positions via Vlaanderen connect in the Flemish government and local administrations.
- A mobility budget (or company car with fuel card) to cover your transportation needs
- Meal vouchers worth 7 euros per day, where you only contribute 1.09 euros per day
- A hospitalization insurance to which you can add your family members
- Group insurance to protect your future financially
- A training budget to develop skills and career
- Possibility to take care of your children during all school vacations at an advantageous rate
- There is a good work-life balance at Flanders Connect, with a 38-hour work week, 28 days off and additional statutory holidays (11/07, 02/11 and 15/11). Flexible working hours are also offered and the possibility to work from home (max. 3 days/week).